Wednesday 7 April 2010

Things I made for my styling photo shoot....

Here's some pictures of the things I made for my photo shoot styling project for uni :)
My theme/words of inspiration for the shoot were 'Organic Ambience'.
The photos have been taken and will be shared once they're edited and ready!

Firstly, this was a hugely long trench coat (bought from ebay for the tiny price of 99p!), that I adapted by pulling it in at the waist with pleats/gathers, and gathered up the edges to create a ruffle effect. I styled it with an old leather waist belt :)



Also shown above is a head garland that I made by twisting together some artificial flowers from Dunelm :)



Secondly, (another 99p purchase from ebay!) a nude coloured boned corset, that I added some plastic ivy and rose leaves to, and some ribbon roses that I made myself :)







...and lastly, my handmade paper bag style 'sack' skirt, made from Hessian, bought by the metre at Hobbycraft. I also made a bow to be used as a large headpiece, but in the end I didn't use it for the shoot!


Styled with a black elastic rose belt, originally bought from New Look a few years ago



I shredded it a little at the edges to make it look a little more 'organic' :)



Keep an eye out for my final photos from the photo shoot!

x

12 comments:

  1. I love the corset ... that's something quite spectacular, and very fey. The ribbon roses are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really cool! Especially the coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I can't wait to see the photo. I'm loving the ribbon roses :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the final photoshoot!

    The corset looks like something Florence Welch (from Florence and the Machine) would wear :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coat is beautiful. I'm anxious to see it on a person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Really great job! Love it! Specially the coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie, the pick up gathers were genius!
    They really bring that trench to the next level.
    If I would have seen it hanging in the shops of San Francisco or London, it never would have crossed my mind that it wasn't couture.

    mark of a great designer.
    Can't wait for the final photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you styled everything, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I didn't realise from the photoshoot that the skirt is actually a sack! It's funny how burlap actually looks good here! And your ribbon roses are so perfectly made.

    ReplyDelete