Sunday 3 January 2010

Using my new flower loom :)

First of all,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hello 2010 :)


Amongst the other wonders that Santa left me in my stocking,
I received this lovely flower loom!


Photo source here

I have been experimenting with it a lot since Christmas, and I have finally produced something that I am quite pleased with!

You place the pegs on the loom wherever you wish, each different position will create a different size/style/shape of flower. You can also use any sort of yarn or thread!

I made this one out of light grey and pink embroidery thread:



After sewing the middle together and removing it from the loom, I added a pearly button in the middle to finish it off:



I then sewed a brooch pin to the back of the flower to that it could be worn as a corsage:



I then attached it to my coat!



My coat is lined with pink and is mottled grey on the outside, so I thought this colour combination would suit it :)



I plan to make many more!
:)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie! I saw your post on Wardrobe Refashion. Love love love the 60s dress! You did a brilliant job. I also make lots of clothes, unfortunately I don't do much refashioning as decent vintage stuff is really hard to come by in Australia. I need to try harder, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't ever seen anything like this, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so wonderful, I've never come across one of these before! The brooch you made looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I have never see that before, and what a lovely brooch. You always seem to make such beautiful things! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete