I managed to get this beauty (along with 3 other large vintage suitcases) on ebay for just £1!
I also got the red floral corduroy fabric from an offcut bin at my local fabric shop for free, because I bought so much fabric in there, = cost for this project, about 25p :)
Here's the before picture...
I measured the bottom square of the suitcase, and measured the area of each side panel
and then cut out a piece of fabric for each area with 1cm seam allowance added.
I then glued the fabric into the suitcase, using pegs all around the outside to allow the fabric to stick properly and to hold it in place.
Once dry, I took off the pegs and had a pretty inside to my suitcase!
I'm planning to do this to the other 3 suitcases that I bought oh so cheaply,
but that will have to wait until I have finished uni for the summer.
I only have a week left!