Sunday 7 June 2009

DIY Project #1 - The Bow T-Shirt...

So... it's been a very long time since I first set this up, and this is my first post :)
Recently, whilst browsing asos.com, I have come across a few tops and dresses which are decorated with large, but very pretty bows:-

Due to my lack of fundings, I decided that I would have a go at making my own DIY version of one of these lovelies...credit crunch styleee.

I got hold of an old long sleeved t-shirt, and chopped the sleeves off.

I then made a small bow out of some wide satin ribbon
- to go in the middle of the larger lace bow

Using an old 'scarf' (or small net curtain as it turned out to be...)

...I cut out various pieces and sewed then together on the sewing machine. After pinning and sewing them all onto the front of the t-shirt, this was my final outcome:-

YAY

And it cost me half nothing. Good times.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Great turnout but it didn't really explain much. Please include more details and instructions.

    ReplyDelete